Here is the schedule for Pope Benedict VXI’s March 2012 trip to Mexico and Cuba as released by the Vatican on January 31, 2012. Times listed are local, with Eastern Daylight Time in parentheses:
Friday, March 23 (Rome, SILAo, Leon)
- 9:30 a.m. (4:30 a.m.), Departure from Rome's Fiumicino airport for Leon, Guanajuato, Mexico
- 4:30 p.m. (6:30 p.m.), Arrival ceremony at Guanajuato's International Airport. Speech by pope.
Saturday, March 24 (Leon, GUANAJUATO, Mexico)
- 8 a.m. (10 a.m.), Mass in private in chapel of Leon's Miraflores College, where the pope will be staying.
- 6 p.m. (8 p.m.), Courtesy visit with Mexican President Felipe Calderon in the at the Guanajuato state government house of Conde Rul.
- 6:45 p.m. (8:45 p.m.), Greeting to children gathered at Peace Square. Remarks by pope.
Sunday, March 25 (SILAO, Leon)
- 10 a.m. (12 p.m.), Mass at Leon's Bicentennial Park. Homily by pope. Recitation of the Angelus. Remarks by pope.
- 6 p.m. (8 p.m.), Celebration of vespers with bishops from Mexico and Latin America in Leon's cathedral. Speech by pope.
Monday, March 26 (Leon, SILAO, Santiago de Cuba)
- 9 a.m. (11 a.m.), Farewell ceremony at Guanajuato's International Airport. Speech by pope.
- 9:30 a.m. (11:30 a.m.), Departure for Santiago de Cuba.
- 2 p.m. (2 p.m.), Arrival ceremony at Santiago de Cuba's Antonio Maceo International Airport. Speech by pope.
- 5:30 p.m. (5:30 p.m.), Outdoor Mass celebrating the 400th anniversary of the Virgin of Charity of El Cobre in Antonio Maceo Revolution Square. Homily by pope.
Tuesday, March 27 (EL Cobre, Santiago de Cuba, Havana)
- 9:30 a.m. (10:30 a.m.), Visit to the shrine of Our Lady of Charity of El Cobre.
- 10:30 a.m. (11:30 a.m.), Departure from Santiago de Cuba's Antonio Maceo International Airport for Havana.
- 12 p.m. (1 p.m.), Arrival at Havana's Jose Marti International Airport.
- 5:30 p.m. (6:30 p.m.), Courtesy visit with Cuba's President Raul Castro in Havana's Revolution Palace.
- 7:15 p.m. (8:15 p.m.), Meeting and dinner with Cuban bishops and the papal entourage at the apostolic nunciature.
Wednesday, March 28 (Havana)
- 9 a.m. (10 a.m.), Mass in Havana's Revolution Square. Homily by pope.
- 4:30 p.m. (5:30 p.m.), Farewell ceremony at Havana's Jose Marti International Airport. Speech by pope.
- 5 p.m. (6 p.m.), Departure for Rome.
Thursday, March 29 (Rome)
- 10:15 a.m. (4:15 a.m.), Arrival at Rome's Ciampino airport.