Parish Reflection Questions
Diocesan and parish leadership are encouraged
to reflect on the following questions as they prepare pastoral plans aimed at
“re-proposing” Christ to the faithful and inviting our brothers and sisters to
the Lord’s Table:
- How does the parish community provide people with opportunities for a personal encounter with Jesus Christ?
- In addition to offering sound catechetical instruction in the teachings of the Church, to what extent do faith formation programs have as an objective fostering a personal relationship with Christ?
- What does the parish do to help people deepen their prayer life?
- How has the parish recruited, formed and supported persons to be evangelizers through the witness of their lives?
- How are pastors fostering the consciousness of the laity to be evangelizers in the modern world?
- How do pastors engage people during "teachable moments," such as Baptisms, weddings, and funerals?
- Are there faith formation programs on how to pass down the faith for parents, grandparents and godparents?
- Are there formation programs for adolescents and young adults on how to share their faith with others in college and in the work place?
- How are pastors supported in their vocation to evangelize?
- Are there ongoing faith formation programs for pastors on homiletics?
- Is there instruction for pastors and parish leaders on how to use social media to reach people?
- What parish-based pastoral programs support people in their everyday lives? Are there programs for the newly married, new parents, divorced, grieving, and unemployed?
- How has the diocese and parish promoted the New Evangelization?