THE CATHOLIC COMMUNICATION CAMPAIGN (CCC) offers grants for communications projects that use media to spread the Gospel message and
advance the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops' general mission goals.
The CCC's funds are raised through a national diocesan
collection taken up in most U.S. parishes in May. One-half of each diocese's CCC
collection proceeds are retained by the diocese to support communications
projects and goals of the local Church. The remaining half of each diocese's
CCC collection supports domestic Catholic communications projects that
are national in scope.
CCC grants are available for domestic communications
projects that have a strong potential to achieve high visibility and have
national impact. The CCC also offers
grants for Catholic communications projects in developing areas of the world
where the Church is young and growing
Criteria for projects submitted for domestic CCC
Proposals that are unique and/or timely will receive priority consideration.
- There is a preference not to provide ongoing funding of projects.
- The CCC is disinclined to support development of media products that are
only available through subscriptions or other methods of payment.
that have funding from other sources, indicating a broad support, are more
likely to receive priority consideration.
- Projects that specifically address the current priorities of the USCCB
Strategic Plan will also receive priority consideration.
Certain requests are not within the mandate of the Catholic
- Projects that are of an arch/diocesan or more local scope
within the United States will not be considered by the national CCC; these
projects can approach the local arch/diocese for funding consideration. (However, projects
that have a realistic potential for wider regional impact or for a particular population within the United States, may apply to the national CCC
- Funding to reduce debt or purchase equipment needed for
- Media efforts not directly associated with evangelization and the expression
of faith in the United States.
- CCC funds cannot be used for purchase of real estate, construction of
buildings, support for education, equipment repairs or staff salaries that are
not related to the funded project.
Criteria for projects submitted for CCC
grant consideration from developing nations:
- Except for the reduction of debt (see item #2 above), the restrictions above do not apply to projects submitted for CCC
grant consideration from Catholic communications entities in developing areas
of the world.
- Proposals for projects from outside the United
States should include a letter of recommendation or endorsement from an
appropriate episcopal authority, or, if developed by a religious order or other
international Catholic organization, from the appropriate authority within the
order or organization.
- Proposals from areas of the developing world that are not eligible for grants from other USCCB
grant programs will receive priority consideration. The other grant programs
The Church in Latin America
The Church in Central and Eastern Europe
Solidarity Fund for the Church in Africa
- All proposals for CCC
grant consideration must be submitted in English.
For more information, contact CCC staff.