Events in 2018May 19
- The Maritime Mass for Day of Prayer and Remembrance for Mariners and People of the Sea
will be held at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, DC. Most Rev. Brendan J. Cahill, Bishop Promoter Apostleship of the Sea, will be the principal celebrant and homilist.
May 22 - The National Maritime Day Celebration will be held at the U.S. Department of Transportation in Washington, DC.
August 14-17 - The North American Maritime Ministry Association (NAMMA) Conference will be held at the Maritime Conference Center-MITAGS in Linthicum Heights, MD.
May 1, 2018 - Read the news release about the National Day of Prayer and Remembrance for Mariners and People of the Sea. (English | Spanish)
International Transport Workers' Federation (ITF)
The International Transport Workers' Federation (ITF) is an international federation of transport workers' trade unions. For news and events
from ITF, please visit their website.
International Seafarers' Welfare and Assistance Network (ISWAN)Seafarers Emergency Fund
“The Seafarers Emergency Fund
is to provide immediate, essential aid to seafarers and families of seafarers, who are directly involved in sudden and unforeseen crises. This Fund is available to seafarer welfare organizations and other welfare organizations, hereinafter known as "Applying Organization" to provide the means to purchase goods and/or services for seafarers and/or the spouse or children of seafarers to relieve the need(s) brought on in relation with a sudden and unforeseen crisis.” - ISWAN
AOS Featured Stories: A Faith-Filled Life on the Sea
The Men and Women of the Apostleship of the Sea
celebrate the National Day of Prayer and Remembrance for Mariners and People of
the Sea, we are highlighting stories that provide a sampling of the lives
touched by the work of the Apostleship of the Sea (AOS) pastoral teams in the
USA. These stories are not meant to be exhaustive of the ministry or services
of the AOS, nor of the experiences of seafarers and families but they provide a
glimpse into the reality of the lives of those who minister and those we serve.A Beacon of light to people of the Sea
- Read an article about Deacon Gjet Bajraktari, Director of AOS Jacksonville, Florida about his retirement in July 2014.
World Maritime Day 2014 International Maritime Organization (IMO) Convention
Pontifical Council for the Pastoral Care of Migrants and Itinerant PeopleSea Sunday 2014
- Read a message from Koji Sekimizu, Past Secretary-General of IMO about the World Maritime Day 2014
- The 2014 Sea Sunday was held on July 13, 2014.
XXIII World Congress of the Apostleship of the Sea
- Holy Father’s Message to the Participants of the AOS World Congress
- Welcome Address by H.E. Cardinal Antonio Maria Veglio, President, PCPCMI
- Presentation of the theme of the Congress, H.E. Msgr. Joseph Kalathiparambil, Secretary, PCPCMI
- Homily Nov. 20 by Most Rev. Daniel Cardinal DiNardo
- Maritime Ministry in the Arabian Gulf, H.E. Msgr. Paul Hinder
- Maritime World and New Evangelization in the Arabic Countries: H.E. Msgr. Paul Hinder
- Maritime World and New Evangelization in Asia: Fr. Xavier Pinto, C.Ss.R.
- Presentation of the Maritime Humanitarian Piracy Response, Dr. Peter Swift
- The Seafaring World, Perspectives and Challenges for AOS, Mr. David Cockcroft
- AOS Past, Present and Future in the Light of the New Evangelization, Fr. Bruno, Ciceri
- Convention on Fishing: A New Welfare for Fishers? Mr. Brandt Wagner
- MLC 2006: An Instrument to Promote Seafarers Welfare, Dr. Cleopatra Doumbia-Henry
- Piracy: A Lawyer’s Perspective, Mr. James Gosling
- Family and Piracy: Captain Giuseppe Lubrano
- Ecumenism, New Evangelization and Maritime World, Rev. Hennie LaGrange
National Day of Prayer and Remembrance for Mariners and People of the Sea May 20
100th Anniversary Titanic Blessing Given by Bishop
AOS Lake Charles 50th Anniversary
Statement of Apostleship of the Sea (AOS) – Italy on the sinking of Costa Concordia
A Chaplain's Role on a Sinking Ship: Italy's Maritime Ministry Director Comments on Costa Concordia Tragedy