- Prayer and Worship
- Beliefs and Teachings
- Issues and Action
- Catholic Giving
- About USCCB
The Catholic Campaign for Human Development fully upholds the Church's teaching on the sanctity of the human person from the moment of conception through the moment of natural death. Organizations that receive CCHD funds must not participate in or promote activities that contradict the moral and social teachings of the Catholic Church. For example, organizations that support or promote same-sex marriage, discrimination, racism, capital punishment, abortion, or euthanasia are not eligible for CCHD funding. To ensure CCHD funds are used in keeping with Catholic moral and social teaching, all applicants must go through a multi-step review process.
1. Applicant organizations should carefully review CCHD's criteria and guidelines for Community Development or Economic Development. Also, CCHD recommends you view the grant program description webinars available here. Finally, the applicant would benefit from reviewing and having a good sense of the grant review process and timeline .
2. Once the applicant organization is familiar with CCHD mission and criteria and guidelines, CCHD strongly encourages applicants to contact and build a relationship with the local CCHD Diocesan Director(s) in the diocese(s) where the applicant's activities are located.
3. After the applicant organization has been in touch with the local CCHD diocesan director, applicant organizations may contact the CCHD grant specialist overseeing the region in which the applicant works if the applicant has additional questions.
1. The first official step of the funding process is submitting a pre-application. CCHD uses the pre-application to determine the funding eligibility of a potential applicant organization. Pre-applications for the upcoming grant year are made available September 1st. CCHD will stop accepting pre-applications on November 1st.
2. There are two pre-Applications: one for Community Development grant program, and another for Economic Development grant program. We strongly recommend you read all criteria and guidelines outlined in these programs before submitting a pre-application.
3. All new applicants are required to submit a pre-application for the grant they wish to apply for. "New Applicants" are organizations that wish to apply for a Community Development or Economic Development grant, and did not receive a grant during the last grant cycle.
4. Depending on the results of the pre-application, the applicant will be invited to submit a full application or will receive a declination e-mail.
1. Once the applicant has submitted a complete application, national staff and local diocesan staff will review the application.
2. Diocesan staff will conduct a site visit.
3. Both national and diocesan staff will write up their reviews and have a dialogue to come to agreement on a recommendation to the USCCB's CCHD Subcommittee.
4. Groups will be notified of a final funding decision in the summer of the following year. CCHD national grant awards range from $25,000 to $75,000. A grant award may be less than the amount requested. A more detailed description of the grant review process can be found here. If eligible, currently funded organizations will have an opportunity to reapply while completing their Interim Report which is due December 1st.
If you have any questions about this process, e-mail us.
|All deadlines are 11:59 pm EST|
|September 1 - November 1||Pre-application period
||Prospective applicants for 2015-2016 may submit pre-applications to CCHD national office. Eligible applicants will receive an e-mailed link to access the online application.|
|November 1||Currently funded grantees eligible to re-apply will be e-mailed a link to the joint interim report and refund
||Deadline to submit
||Pre-applications for organizations not currently funded by CCHD are due. Pre-applications are evaluated by grant specialists on a rolling basis. Groups not eligible for further consideration will receive a notice as applications are reviewed.|
|December 1||Deadline to submit||Joint interim report and refund application is due for currently funded organizations.|
|December 15||Deadline to submit||Online applications are due for new applicants.|
|January 1-March 31||Site visits||Diocesan Directors and local CCHD committees conduct site visits with grant applicants.|
|January 15||Deadline to submit||Interim reports for currently funded organizations not eligible to reapply for the 2015-2016 grant year.|
|February||Second grant disbursements sent to organizations receiving funding in the 2014-2015 grant cycle.|
|April 1||Evaluations||Diocesan Directors and grant specialists complete evaluations of grant applications.|
|April 1-May 15||Dialogues||Diocesan Directors and grant specialists conduct dialogues and come to agreement on joint recommendation to the local bishop.|
|May 15||Grant specialists finalize area recommendations for USCCB's Subcommitte on CCHD, a copy of recommendations is sent to diocesan directors.|
|May 25||Deadline to submit||Diocesan Directors submit Bishop endorsement forms to CCHD for each national grant applicant.|
|June||Final approvals||USCCB's Subcommittee on CCHD approves final grant awards.|
|Mid-June||Award notices||Award notice and start-up materials are sent to organizations approved for funding. Declination letters sent to organizations not approved for funding.|
|July 1||2015-2016 grant year begins.|
|July 15||Deadline to submit||Final reports are due for currently funded groups.|
|August 1||Deadline to submit||Completed grant start-up materials are due at the CCHD national office and first grant disbursements are processed.|
|September||First grant disbursements are released to approved organizations.|
By accepting this message, you will be leaving the website of the
United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This link is provided
solely for the user's convenience. By providing this link, the United
States Conference of Catholic Bishops assumes no responsibility for,
nor does it necessarily endorse, the website, its content, or