A Pastoral Plan for Ministry with Young Adults
Table of Contents
- Preface: A Message to Young Adults
- Why We Are Issuing This Plan
- The Audience for the Pastoral Plan
- Part One: The Young Adult
- Who are Young Adults?
- Tasks of Young Adulthood
- Developing Personal Identity
- Developing Relationships
- Developing a Meaning of Work
- Developing a Spiritual Life
- Part Two: The Vision of Faith
- Accepting God's Invitation
- The Call to Holiness--Growing in Jesus Christ
- The Call to Community--Nourishing Faith
- The Call to Service--Living Faith in the World
- Part Three: A Plan for Ministry
- Part Four: The Campus, the Diocese and Catholic Organizations
- Campus Ministry Centers
- Diocesan Strategies
- Catholic Organizations and Movements
- Part Five: Implementation of the Pastoral Plan
- A Final Prayer
In November 1993 the general membership of the National Conference of
Catholic Bishops authorized the bishops' Committee on the Laity to
develop a national plan for pastoral ministry to and with young adults.
After wide consultation with dioceses, national organizations, and young
adults themselves, the Committee on the Laity submitted the final draft
to the plenary assembly of the National Conference of Catholic Bishops.
Sons and Daughters of the Light: A Pastoral Plan for Ministry with Young Adults was approved on November 12, 1996, and is hereby authorized for publication by the undersigned.
Monsignor Dennis M. Schnurr, General Secretary, NCCB/USCC
First Printing, January 1997
Third Printing, September 1999
Scriptural excerpts from the New American Bible
permission of the copyright holder, Confraternity of Christian Doctrine,
copyright © 1970, 1986, 1991. All rights reserved.
Copyright © 1996, United States Catholic Conference, Inc., Washington,
D.C. All rights reserved. No part of this work may be reproduced or
transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical,
including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and
retrieval system, without permission in writing from the copyright
To order Sons and Daughters of the Light: A Pastoral Plan for Ministry with Young Adults
in its official published format, contact the USCCB Office of
Publishing and Promotion Services, 800-235-8722 (in Washington
metropolitan area or from outside the United States, 202-722-8716).
Publication No. 5-127, 68 pp., $9.95 per copy; quantity discounts are
available. Plus shipping and handling.