In this section, you'll find information to help diocesan and other leaders to share the message with their audiences about the call to participate in public life. Guidelines are also included on how to conduct political candidate forums and encourage civil dialogue.
Diocesan Planning Suggestions
- Here are some ideas to begin developing a plan for sharing the message of Forming Consciences for Faithful Citizenship.
Prayer Service for Faithful Citizenship
| Oración para ciudadanos fieles
Tips for Conducting Candidate Forums
| Sugerencias Para Realizar Foros con los Candidatos
- A candidate forum can be an excellent format for educating voters about the candidates; however, it requires careful planning.
Do's and Don'ts Guidelines During Election Season
| Qué Hacer y Qué No Hacer: Pautas para la responsabilidad política
- What's allowed and encouraged? What should parishes avoid? Here's help. Suggested Editorial Calendar for Sharing Faithful Citizenship
- This editorial calendar includes links to videos and links that leaders
can highlight in e-mail and social media communications between now and
Graphics for Forming Consciences for Faithful Citizenship
- These graphics
are available with permission to reproduce or reprint on material that
promotes Forming Consciences for Faithful Citizenship
Political Activity Guidelines
- The following document is provided by the USCCB Office of General Counsel in order to assist (arch)dioceses, parishes, and other Catholic organizations in distinguishing activities that are permitted during election campaigns from activities that are prohibited.
Voter Education and Registration
| Sugerencias para realizar campañas no partidarias para la educación e inscripción del votante
- Here are ideas and suggestions designed to help parishes promote civic responsibility by offering non-partisan voter education rooted in the values of the Scriptures and Catholic teaching.Videos
for Faithful Citizenship
- View examples of Faithful Citizenship, take a
video quiz and more
Messages for Listening and Sharing - 30-second and 60-second messages
highlighting the major themes of Forming Consciences for