Are you a faithful citizen? Test your knowledge of the issues and the Church's position on them by taking our quiz. for the answers, click on the link at the bottom of the page.
Twenty Questions for Faithful Citizens
1) How many unborn children have lost their
lives to abortion since Roe v. Wade legalized abortion in 1973?
2) How many successful treatments for
"incurable" diseases have been developed using stem cells harvested
from human embryos that were destroyed to obtain them?
3) How many successful treatments for "incurable"
diseases have been developed using stem cells from adult tissue sources,
causing no harm to the stem cell donor?
4) How many U.S. children live in a household that
is "food insecure," which means it can't provide enough food for its members at
some point during the year?
B) 8.2 million
C) 12.2 million
D) 16.2 million
5) The official poverty rate in America is:
B) 11.5 %
C) 15.1 %
6) How long has the
average jobless worker been unemployed?
A) 6 months
B) 9 months
C) 10 months
D) 12 months
7) According to a 2009 survey by The Polling
Company, Inc., what percentage of American adults believed it is important to make
sure that health care professionals in America are not forced to participate in
procedures and practices to which they have moral objections?
8) How many patients who are hospitalized in the
United States each year are cared for in a Catholic hospital?
1 in 9
B) 1 in 6
C) 1 in 5
D) 1 in 3
9) According to a study released in the September
2011 issue of Obstetrics & Gynecology,
what percentage of practicing ob/gyns performs abortions?
10) Children raised in intact married families are less
A) Be physically and
B) Use drugs or alcohol
C) Become pregnant/impregnate someone as a teenager
D) All of the above
11) According to a
study by the University of Chicago which factor best
predicts that a boy will exhibit good behavior in 5th grade and
avoid being suspended in 8th grade?
a high-quality elementary school
raised in an intact home with both his father and mother
instruction from a caring and competent teacher
a high-quality preschool
12) Children in single-parent families comprise ______
of all American children, yet they account for ______ of all poor children.
B) 31%, 49%
C) 39%, 71%
D) 42%, 50%
13) Unauthorized migrants take advantage of our
welfare system to their own advantage and at the taxpayer's expense.
14) Undocumented immigrants pay taxes.
15) Studies show that unauthorized immigrants
provide a net gain of how much to the Social Security system each year?
B) $100 million
C) $650 million
D) $7 billion
Torture is intrinsically evil.
17) What percent
of victims maimed or killed by landmines and cluster munitions are civilians?
18)Life-saving poverty-focused international assistance that fights
hunger, disease and poverty makes up what percent of the U.S. federal budget?
A) 1 %
B) 4 %
C) 11 %
19) Which of the following are effects of climate
A) Increased temperatures
B) Rising sea levels
C) Changes in rainfall that contribute to more frequent and severe floods and
D) All of the above
20) People with disabilities have a much more
difficult time finding the resources they need to live in dignity.