Legislative Response to Climate Change
- The U.S. Catholic bishops are urging that any legislative action on climate change include provisions that:
(1) ease the burden on poor people;
(2) offer some relief for workers who may be displaced because of climate change policies; and
(3) promote the development and use of alternate renewable and clean-energy resources, including the transfer of such technologies and technical assistance that may be appropriate and helpful to developing countries in meeting the challenges of global climate change.
- Write to your Senators and Representatives in Congress and let them know that you care about climate change and support action on a national level that includes the three key priorities above.
- Keep up to date on new science and technology relating to climate change by checking the websites of the National Academies of Sciences and the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).