Help and Hope for the Holy Land PDF FormatHelp and Hope for the Holy Land PDF Forma
At a time of continuing conflict, Christians in the Holy Land
desperately need our prayers and support. For many years, the Church in
our country has stood in solidarity with the people of the Holy Land,
but urgent action is needed to offer help and hope. The challenges are
many, including the following
Humanitarian: More than 20% of Palestinian children suffer from malnutrition; half of Palestinians live on less than $2 per day.
Housing: The violence has greatly exacerbated an already dire lack of housing for Palestinians.
Schools: Catholic schools are struggling to survive the devastating impact of the current crisis.
Job Creation: The majority of Palestinians are unemployed in an economy devastated by road closures, curfews and conflict.
Parishes: With the future
of the living Christian presence in doubt, parishes need support as
they try to sustain Christian communities in the land of Jesus' birth.
CATHOLIC RELIEF SERVICES228 WEST LEXINGTON ST.BALTIMORE, MD 21201(888) 227-7575www.crs.org
Catholics can give much greater attention to the crisis in the Middle
East, supporting sustained U.S. leadership in ending the violence and
bringing about a just peace that guarantees a safe and secure Israel
and a viable, independent Palestinian state. Catholics in this country can help our sisters and brothers in the
Holy Land address these and other challenges by supporting the ongoing
work of these organizations with a tax-exempt contribution or in other
The relief and development agency
of the U.S. Catholic Bishops assists persons on the basis of need, not
creed, race or nationality, in the Holy Land by
FRANCISCAN FOUNDATION FOR THE HOLY LAND
- providing food for work and food for training programs for nearly 100,000 Palestinians in the West Bank
- empowering Palestinian youth through leadership activities and positive engagement in their communities
- working with students, teachers and parents to strengthen school curriculum and extracurricular opportunities
- hosting diverse groups of visitors and pilgrims to expose
them to the humanitarian crisis, encouraging them to engage with U.S.
policymakers to promote peace and justice for Israelis and Palestinian
P.O. BOX 29086
WASHINGTON, D.C. 20017
(866) 905-3787 (toll free)www.ffhl.org
The foundation safeguards the basic human rights and continued presence of the Christian Palestinian minority by
THE HOLY LAND CHRISTIAN ECUMENICAL FOUNDATION
- providing scholarships for underprivileged Christian students
- creating jobs for Christians in schools, churches, parishes and medical facilities
- building subsidized housing units funding the restoration of the Tomb of Jesus in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre
- building the capacity of organizations providing services for traumatized children, their parents and teachers
6935 WISCONSIN AVE. STE 214
BETHESDA, MD 20815
Provides moral and financial support to sustain the Christian presence and heritage in the Holy Land by
CATHOLIC NEAR EAST WELFARE ASSOCIATION
- facilitating individual, family or church sponsorship of children in Christian schools
- supporting housing projects in several Palestinian villages creating jobs through olivewood handicraft support and other programs
- increasing awareness of the plight of Christians through conferences and local committees in the U.S.
1011 FIRST AVE.
NEW YORK, NY 10022
Focuses on reversing isolation,
overcoming despair and restoring respect for human dignity in the Holy
Land. CNEWA tackles issues and challenges by
EQUESTRIAN ORDER OF THE HOLY SEPULCHRE OF JERUSALEM
- supporting the pastoral mission and institutions of the
Eastern Catholic churches and promoting Christian unity and
interreligious understanding and collaboration
- providing humanitarian assistance to those in need without regard to nationality or creed
- educating people in the West about the history, cultures, peoples and churches of the East
P.O. BOX 29260
Washington, DC 20017-0260
An organization under the direct auspices of the Holy See whose mission and mandate is
- providing spiritual and financial support to the Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem
- supporting the parishes and schools of the Latin Patriarchate
- assisting the development and funding of capital projects, humanitarian aid and charitable works of the Latin Patriarchate