The bishops are inviting Catholics to pray for the protection of life, marriage and religious liberty in our country. A simple way to do this is by praying for the prayer intention which you can receive each week via email, text message or Facebook. Prayer does not need to be complicated
. It is “a simple look turned towards heaven…a cry of recognition and love; embracing both trial and joy” (Saint Therese of Lisieux).
Here are some suggestions to consider as you pray for the weekly intention. Choose the form/s of prayer that work for you.
Other Prayer recommendations
- Choose another prayer that works for you
- Daily Rosary: The Rosary is a way of being united with Mary in approaching Christ. Is a daily Rosary too much? Start small with a daily Hail Mary or one decade and consider gradually increasing it over time. Learn to pray the Rosary with these simple steps.
- Monthly Eucharistic Holy Hour: Spending time with Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament is always time well spent. This can be done on your own at a time that is best for you or with your parish if one is scheduled. Consider spending an hour monthly with Jesus, praying for the protection of life, marriage and religious liberty. If an hour is too much, start with ten minutes and gradually increase the time.
- The Divine Mercy Chaplet
- Prayers for Life
- Prayer for the Defense of Marriage
- Prayer for Religious Liberty