The Moment: National Leadership Forum on Ministry with Young Adults
December 5-6, 2018 – Tampa, FL
The Moment is a pre-conference to NCCYM, presented by the USCCB Secretariat of Laity, Marriage, Family Life and Youth in collaboration with the ad-hoc National Advisory Team on Young Adult Ministry
The deliberate attention and resources that the Church is currently giving to youth and young adults with the Synod, World Youth Day, V Encuentro, and the National Dialogue is unparalleld. What does this moment mean for those who encounter and accompany young adults?
This two-day Forum, designed for those who minister to young adults at all levels, allowed attendees to dialogue with national leaders integral to these major events, as well as young adult ministry peers applying insights to local efforts. Join us in this MOMENT.
Check out the schedule from the Forum for more information, and find more resources and materials from the gathering below.
Thanks to the contributions of the Catholic Apostolate Center. . . , video recordings from the 2018 Forum are now available for free. The full video list can be found on the #YAMforum2018 playlist.
- Beyond the Buzzwords - Panel by Diana Hancharenko, Dr. Tracey Lamont, and Patrick Rivera
- Moving from Event-based to People-based Ministry - White Paper Presentation by Sean Allen
- Unpacking the Encuentro - Panel by Fr. Rafael Capo, Gabriela Karaszewski, Nick Stein, and Darius Villalobos
- Unpacking the Synod - Featuring Fr. Joao Chagas, Sarah Yaklic, Bishop Frank Caggiano, and Nick Stein
- Unpacking the Moment - Presentations by Katie Erskine and Bishop Frank Caggiano
- Reflection and Discernment - Led by timone davis, Bishop Frank Caggiano, and Dobie Moser
FORUM WHITE PAPERS
Moving from Event-Centered Ministry to People-Centered Ministry by Sean Allen, MDiv
The Evangelizing Church of Now by Terrie Baldwin
On the Road Again: The Emmaus Model of Accompaniment by Sara Blauvelt
Building Parish Young Adult Ministry by Bridget Lynch
The Art of Accompaniment in the Discernment of Relationships by Deacon Kingsley Nwoko, STL
National Realities, Social Concerns, and Their Impact on Young Adult Ministry by Rosie Chinea Shawver