Visit our "About Human Trafficking" page to educate yourself about the issue of human trafficking and learn about theCatholic Church's teaching on this subject.
Download the National
Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month toolkit.
Sign up for our newsletter.
Become a SHEPHERD and lead your parish or community group to fight human trafficking in your area.
Join an anti-trafficking coalition or group in your city.
Pray for the safety of the vulnerable.
Be an Ethical Consumer and Employer
Find out how your actions contribute to or reduce the
demand for human trafficking. Websites like , www.knowthechain.org, or the app Sweat & Toil, can be good places to start.
Spread the Word
Help us reach your community. For resources or to
request technical assistance, training or consultancy services, contact Anti-Trafficking
Services at email@example.com.
Notice these Indicators of Human Trafficking:
Signs of being controlled
- No identification documents
- Unable to leave job or residence
- Not in control of their own finances
- Is under 18 and provides commercial sex acts
- At any age unwillingly provides commercial sex acts
- Is afraid of law enforcement or receiving help
- In a relationship with someone who is dominating
- Never is alone and/or always has someone translating or answering questions on their behalf
Signs of trauma
- Inconsistent details when telling their story
- Seems anxious, fearful or paranoid; avoids eye contact
- Tearfulness or signs of depression
- Unexplained bruises or cuts or other signs of physical abuse
- Is evasive or unable to answer questions about where they live
If you or someone you know has experienced any of these indicators call the National Human Trafficking Hotline 1-888-373-7888 or text the hotline's BeFree textline: Text "BeFree" (233733).
If you need more guidance on reporting potential cases of trafficking, you can call and talk through the case with USCCB Anti-Trafficking program staff at 202.541.3357. (Please note, this line is for seeking guidance on trafficking concerns only.)