• Become a foster parent for an unaccompanied child! USCCB/MRS currently provides foster care to unaccompanied children in the following locations:  Texas, Michigan, Arizona, Virginia, New York, California, Washington, Mississippi, Florida and Utah.  Those interested in becoming a foster parent would need to follow state and agency guidelines for training and licensing. If you live in one of the afore-mentioned states, and are interested contact for more information.                                                                                                                                                                                      
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              If you reside in Colorado, North Dakota, southern California, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Washington, Massachusetts, or Washington D.C., please contact Lutheran Immigrant and Refugee Services at  If there are no USSCB or LIRS programs in your area, please direct your inquiries to, or contact your state Department of Children and Families to become a foster parent in the domestic system.                                                                                                                       
  • Contact your local Catholic Charities affiliate to learn about their material/volunteer needs to include the donation of needed items, including clothing, hygiene products, food, and cash.
  • Join the Justice for Immigrants Campaign and become a part of a network of Catholic institutions, individuals, and other persons of good faith in support of a broad legalization program and comprehensive immigration reform!  Voice your opposition to your local Representative and Senators to legislative proposals that would roll back humane protections for these children and to a reduction in funding for the care of unaccompanied children. (You can do this easily by using Action Alerts on the Justice for Immigrants website.)
  • Join a local parish or diocesan pastoral ministry for unaccompanied children in federal custody.  Contact Migration and Refugee Services at 202-541-3081 to learn about joining or starting initiatives in your diocese.
  • Join the discussion on Twitter with #WeAreOneFamily.
  • Donate! Help our Unaccompanied Refugee and Migrant Children programs by making a tax-deductible contribution now. If you are in New York, Florida, or Washington, DC, make your donation online. Residents of other states should visit the National Catholic Fund for Migration and Refugee Services.

Social Service Providers

  • Join USCCB/MRS’ national network of community-based Family Reunification providers to support immigrant children and families in your communities by providing Home Study and Post-Release services. Contact for more information on becoming a Family Reunification provider.