For the 17th–21st Sundays in Ordinary Time (Year B)
These resources, created in collaboration with Fr. Michael Seavey of Portland, Maine, are provided for reflection on the Bread of Life discourses found in the Gospel of John, chapter 6. The homily helps, bulletin inserts, and other resources engage themes such as the spirituality of work, the works of mercy, and the culture of secularism. This series extends from the Seventeenth through the Twenty-First Sundays in Ordinary Time in Lectionary Year B (that is, in 2021, 2024, 2027, 2030, etc.), leading up to Labor Day weekend.
Together with the yearly USCCB Labor Day statement, these resources can equip parishes to examine contemporary labor and employment concerns through the lens of the Church’s rich body of social teaching, especially regarding the dignity of work and workers. Our prayer is that these aids empower parishes to be communities of salt and light in a world in need, bearing witness to the Good News and building the reign of God.
- Sample Homily for Week One: 17th Sunday in Ordinary Time (Year B)
- Sample Homily for Week Two: 18th Sunday in Ordinary Time (Year B)
- Sample Homily for Week Three: 19th Sunday in Ordinary Time (Year B)
- Sample Homily for Week Four: 20th Sunday in Ordinary Time (Year B)
- Sample Homily for Week Five: 21st Sunday in Ordinary Time (Year B)