The observances of National Marriage Week (Feb. 7-14) and World Marriage Day (Sunday, Feb. 14) are an opportunity to focus on building a culture of life and love that begins with supporting and promoting marriage and the family. Our theme for 2021 is "To Have, To Hold, To Honor."
The Secretariat on Laity, Marriage, Family Life and Youth offers the following resources to bishops, priests, deacons, married couples, and lay men and women to help celebrate and live the great gift of married life!
, Sunday, February 14: reflections on the Scriptures of the day to assist bishops, priests, and deacons in preaching about marriage.
for use in your National Marriage Week liturgies.
- Go on a retreat with your spouse in the comfort of your own home with the
- Prayer for Married Couples
- Social Media Kit in English and En Español
Additionally, this year the Secretariat of Laity, Marriage, Family Life, and Youth will be hosting two live-streamed events via the For Your Marriage Facebook Page:
- Pray a rosary for married couples and families with us! The rosary will be led by Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone, the head of the Committee on Laity, Marriage, Family Life, and Youth, and live-streamed on Wednesday, February 10, at 2:00 pm ET.
- Conversation on Fatherhood and Spousal Love – Tune in again on Facebook on Friday, February 12, at 2:00 pm ET for a discussion between the associate director for Clergy, Consecrated Life, and Vocations, Fr. Daniel Hanley, and the director of Laity, Marriage, Family Life, and Youth, Mr. Dominic Lombardi as they discuss their reflections on fatherhood and spousal love looking to Saint Joseph as their example.
Looking for more resources to strengthen your marriage or advice for dating and engaged couples? Visit the For Your Marriage website. En Español: Por Tu Matrimonio.
Visit the USCCB store for orders of prayer cards and other resources on marriage.