Create in Me a Clean Heart: A Pastoral Response to Pornography
"Everyone, in some way, is affected by increased pornography use in society. We all suffer negative consequences from its distorted view of the human person and sexuality. As bishops, we are called to proclaim anew the abundant mercy and healing of God found in Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, and through his Church." (Create in Me a Clean Heart, Introduction)
- The full text of the statement is available online as a PDF in English and as a flipbook in Spanish.
- "Create in Me a Clean Heart" is available in print in both English and Spanish at the USCCB Store.
Clean Heart Pamphlet Series
The Clean Heart pamphlet series includes five pamphlet-length resources related to the main statement, in both English and Spanish. The English pamphlets can be purchased from the USCCB Store. Each pamphlet's full text is available online:
- "Create in Me a Clean Heart: a Pastoral Response to Pornography - Abridged Version"
- "Pornography's Effects on Marriage and Hope for Married Couples" by Sam and Beth Meier
- "Raising Chaste Children in a Pornographic World" by Ryan Foley
- "The Role of Priests in Ministry to Those Who Struggle with Pornography" by Fr. David Songy
- "'Wash Me Thoroughly': Healing from Pornography Use and Addiction" by Daniel Spadaro
- "Crea en mí un corazón puro: una respuesta pastoral a la pornografía - Versión abreviada" (PDF available)
- "Efectos de la pornografía sobre el matrimonio y esperanza para las parejas casadas" por Saeth Meier (PDF available)
- "Criando hijos castos en un mundo pornográfico" por Ryan Foley (PDF available)
- "El papel de los sacerdotes en el ministerios que luchan con la pornografía" por el padre David Songy (PDF available)
- "'Lávame bien' curándome del uso y adicción a la pornografía" por Daniel Spadaro (PDF available)