If you suffered abuse, it was not your fault. If you are a victim of sexual abuse by a priest, deacon, or individual representing the Catholic Church, there are several things you can do: 

  • Contact the appropriate law enforcement agency, which can help determine options for making a criminal complaint.
  • Contact a local child protection agency, a private attorney, a support group, an abuse hotline, or a mental health professional.
  • Contact a diocesan or eparchial victim assistance coordinator who is available to help victims/survivors make a formal complaint of abuse to the diocese or eparchy. The Victim Assistance Coordinator is also available to arrange a personal meeting with the bishop or his representative and to obtain support for the needs of the individual and families.
  • If you believe someone is in imminent danger or this is a situation of current abuse involving a minor please call 911.
  • To report an allegation of abuse or mishandling of allegations of sexual abuse by a bishop please visit the Catholic Bishop Abuse Reporting Service website.
  • To report an allegation of abuse by priest, deacon, religious, or lay church personnel, please contact your local Victim Assistance Coordinator