The Catholic Social Ministry Gathering (CSMG) is a professional meeting of leaders and emerging leaders in Catholic social ministry from dioceses and diverse Catholic organizations. As such, the meeting is closed to the general public, and attendance is by registration only. We welcome attendance by pre-approved representatives of media organizations as observers of the Gathering. CSMG 2023 will occur in person from Jan. 28-31.
All reporters are required to submit an application for accreditation to the CSMG media coordinator (below) in advance of attendance at any CSMG event or related event by a collaborating organization (e.g. pre Gathering meetings).
- Media approved to cover CSMG should be aware that there is a system in place for requesting interviews with bishops, speakers, and presenters. Requests must be submitted in advance through the CSMG media coordinator (below).
- Upon arrival at CSMG accredited media should first report to the event registration desk to receive ID.
- All credentialed media must wear official CSMG ID, be prepared to present a press card at the event, and are required to abide by the regulations of the hotel or risk losing their credentials.
- Some CSMG sessions will be off the record, as noted in the schedule on the CSMG App and/or in announcements at the beginning of sessions.
- Reporters are also asked to submit copies of printed articles, or links to online stories, to the CSMG media coordinator within one week of publication.
Questions regarding media coverage for CSMG 2023 may be directed to:
CSMG Media Coordinator
Department of Justice, Peace and Human Development
United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
3211 Fourth Street, N.E.
Washington, D.C. 20017